Family Therapy & Counseling
Family therapy is a therapy that is applied to the unique social system and pattern of communication within the family. The beliefs and values, the personalities of the individual family members, and a variety of other influences gives each family its own unique personality - which affects all of its members. Treating only the family member who is identified as having a problem is like treating the symptom of a disease but not the disease itself. One struggling family member may be a symptom of a larger family problem. Often any change in one member of the family affects the family structure as well as each family member individually. This cycle will continue until the problems within the family are dealt with.
- Teaches family members about how families function within their unique family and in general.
- Helps the family focus less on one member and focus more on the family as a whole.
- Identifies conflicts and anxieties within the family as well as developing strategies to resolve them.
- Strengthens all family members and teaches them to problem-solve together.
- Teaches conflict resolution and alternate ways to handle changes within the family.
Dr. Wajda and Esano's commitment to treating each patient as an integrated whole compels us to always consider the whole family when comprehensively evaluating each and every patient.